montanasings

Interests: Mindbridge, Sci-fi, Tyrannosaurus Press, Illuminata, music, filking, folk singing, science fiction, writing, Christian, Girl Scouts, Counselor, Terry Crotinger, Therapist, Kingman-Arizona, Cedar Rapids-Iowa, Golden Valley-Arizona, Houston-Texas, Westchester High School. ALWAYS hoping to contact the cast members from the Saturday morning 1977 TV show, Space Academy for a possible interview: Brian Tochi, Ty Henderson, Eric Greene, Maggie Cooper, Ric Carrot, Pamelyn Ferdin

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Certification Woes...

I am SO tired of jumping through the Iowa Education Board's hoops...
I initially applied for Student Guidance and Music Teaching
certificates when I moved here.
Ooops. Had all the correct paperwork... sent in the wrong form
(their terminology is different, WAY different from Arizona's).
Was totally denied for the Student Guidance part and I am resending
the Music component on the "correct" form
(which is the exact information w/ a different header...).

When I was "denied" I had to recontact University of Phoenix
where I obtained my Masters and traveled for 4 1/2 years 200 miles
each way on the weekends to get my degree.
(The campus is awesome, by the way :)
I had to ask them to send the same form with a different header (again).
They still have it... Don't know when I'll EVER get that back to appeal this.

But the stupidest thing is that they (UoP) claim I have a degree in
"Community" Counseling. My diploma says "Counseling".
There is no qualifier on it either way. It was not a degree in Student Counseling,
that was why I got the Arizona Board of Ed's Student Guidance Endorsement
(from UoP at about 300.00 an hour for 12 hours).
I asked them about changing my Masters degee... but no word. I know they can't do that.

So... I'm mad. I'm unemployed. I'm just a little discouraged.
I want an acting job...
I've had lots of experience and as the Cat's in the Cradle song says, "She's acting happy".
Just tired of all this.