montanasings

Interests: Mindbridge, Sci-fi, Tyrannosaurus Press, Illuminata, music, filking, folk singing, science fiction, writing, Christian, Girl Scouts, Counselor, Terry Crotinger, Therapist, Kingman-Arizona, Cedar Rapids-Iowa, Golden Valley-Arizona, Houston-Texas, Westchester High School. ALWAYS hoping to contact the cast members from the Saturday morning 1977 TV show, Space Academy for a possible interview: Brian Tochi, Ty Henderson, Eric Greene, Maggie Cooper, Ric Carrot, Pamelyn Ferdin

Monday, April 04, 2005

April 2005

4/04/05
Yeah, I'm still looking.
http://www.geocities.com/montanasings/mainpage.html
Interviewed today for a Probation Dept. Tracker position, but it will take 50 miles round-trip to even get to the city (Anamosa, IA) where it is offered. I am, again, "over-qualified". A sweet-young-thang was waiting to be interviewed next... not a hair out of place, tight black suit w/ maroon shell, make-up perfect... nice smile as I left...

Oh, well...

I've been researching the e-commerce, online store business and came across Google Cash... For $50 and a small start-up to buy ads, I can make $$$$
My B.S. Meter went full-tilt on that one.

I finished the novel quite awhile ago and have been editing, since I'm unemployed and all. Editing is going much faster, unless I have to rewrite something. But, it's ALL fun. So far, it's been Beta proofed and edited 6 times. It's time to get the boy's direct feedback... I'm pretty sure they'll hate the novel, but they are my experts and I have no one else who has stuck by me for over seven years while I work 1-1/2 jobs+volunteer work+church+my Private Practice to get this done. I can't believe it has taken so long!

I've got the first 10 chapters (Edit 7) ready for Pat and Jim to preview so we can collaborate on the layout of the Space Academy--they are both working on a model of the Academy/asteroid (Jim) and (Pat) is working on the Blueprints for it. Both are massive undertakings, and require collaboration to get the details correct. But I haven't heard from either one; so I'm starting to get a bit concerned.
Pat is/? was/? doing the cover art--and has shown me several excellent layouts for the front/back of the novel. He was also going to use his knowledge to publish it (since that's what he does for a living). This is going to be self-published, so I'm ready to shell out cash. But I need to know what format his outsource uses... and if I can't get a reply...
So, I'm trying to wait. Maybe both him and Jim are on vacation? Or, had fam stuff come up?
Maybe they got tired of waiting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home