montanasings

Interests: Mindbridge, Sci-fi, Tyrannosaurus Press, Illuminata, music, filking, folk singing, science fiction, writing, Christian, Girl Scouts, Counselor, Terry Crotinger, Therapist, Kingman-Arizona, Cedar Rapids-Iowa, Golden Valley-Arizona, Houston-Texas, Westchester High School. ALWAYS hoping to contact the cast members from the Saturday morning 1977 TV show, Space Academy for a possible interview: Brian Tochi, Ty Henderson, Eric Greene, Maggie Cooper, Ric Carrot, Pamelyn Ferdin

Monday, May 09, 2005

Unemployment: The Joys of Getting ANY Paycheck.

I'll give the State of Iowa this: they make it easy to be unemployed. They also make it easy to look for a job. I've gotten a few unemployment checks, but I just can't believe I don't have a job by now!
It's already May and I've been looking / searching / begging for two months now.
I'm not whining. I'm just amazed that so many people are looking for work in this area, and we hear about lay-offs all the time. Where are the "WE" going to go? How are those young fathers and mothers going to be able to keep up with the bills and the fun and the kids on no income?
I'm grateful. I'm just heartbroken so many are worse off than I am.
And I'll tell a secret. I have NOT applied for just any job. I do not apply for jobs that require "no experience necessary". It's not that I'm too proud to work at McDonalds. Hells-bells, I could MANAGE the place. But the kids and young families out of high school / college with no experience need those jobs worse than I do.
When I have no bread in the pantry, THEN I'll apply for those.